Students Change Hunger has 10 simple rules to follow:
- Schools must register for the competition to qualify for awards.
- Food may be donated on or between the dates of Monday, September 18 through Monday, December 11.
- The food must be delivered to the food bank.
- Schools must provide their own boxes/bins to store goods until delivery.
- When a food donation is made to the respective food bank, this Poundage Receipt must be filled out (Date through Email) and given to the food bank.
- Donations that are made prior to November 1st get a 10% weight bonus.
- Bottled water and frozen turkeys cannot be donated.
- All other food items are accepted; however, here’s a list of our most wanted items (in no particular order):
- Boxed Meals
- Canned Fish
- Canned Fruit
- Canned Gravy
- Canned Meats
- Canned Soup
- Canned Vegetables
- Granola Snacks
- Jelly (no glass please)
- Mac & Cheese
- Pasta Sauce (no glass please)
- Peanut Butter (no glass please)
- Shelf Stable (non-refrigerated) Juice
- We’ve made downloadable posters that you can print to promote the food drive. They are located in our Resources section.
- Schools are responsible for checking “expired” dates on food prior to delivery.
- For every dollar that your school raises, we will credit your school with one (1) pound of food. Monetary donations may be made here. Be sure to note which school you are making the contribution for; otherwise, they will not get credit for the bonus weight.
Schools that show exemplary effort during the campaign, will be eligible for award(s) presented by their local food bank.
Please contact your local food bank with any questions you may have -or- click on the ‘Awards’ tab to see what awards are given at the local level.
In the event of a tie, a pounds-per-student ratio will be utilized to determine the winner.